Thank you Jackie Hernandez for inviting FPAWS to the Muckleshoot Nation
Please navigate this website with the tabs above.
We will have 7 hours of great training, wonderful food and a chance to visit with DCYF Leadership.
We will have child care!
If using your phone, you
will need to click on the three lines in the upper corner for the drop-down
Muckleshoot Child & Family Services
Foster Care Licensor
253.876.2808 direct 253.876.3095 fax
Through collaboration with birth parents, foster parents, child placing agencies, kinship care, the Department of Children, Youth, and Families, businesses, support agencies, the courts, and many others, we can change the culture of foster care in Washington State.
With two part-time paid staff, and twelve volunteer (un-paid) staff positions, FPAWS leverages the incredible skills and commitment of foster parents to create initiatives that enable families to help families. Birth, adoptive, kinship, foster, community partners, we are all in this together to bring families back together or build new ones.
FPAWS does this work through:
1. Ongoing training, leveraging expert trainers in the skills needed to best care for kids impacted by trauma, abuse, and neglect with over 2000 caregivers trained in the last 4 years and counting.
2. 24/7 support hotline offering advice, advocacy, connection and facilitate communication and solutions for the foster parents, caseworkers and leadership during times of challenge.
3. Respected and influential advocate for working with legislators and State Departments on behalf of foster families with a track record of results.
4. Promoting a positive culture shift surrounding foster care by bringing the community together to create and sustain change.
5. Recruiting and retention activities in partnership with other agencies to bring new families in and support the families that are doing this work.
The Washington State foster care system is in crisis. With the new state Department of Children, Youth and Families and new department leadership and direction, FPAWS is well positioned to impact change and help implement solutions. This is a complicated issue, but there is no better time than now to make the changes necessary to improve the lives of children and families across our state.
Foster Parents Association of Washington (since 1976)
1281 Sylvan Way #3008 Bremerton, WA 98310
Support FPAWS by going to:
Help make a difference in the lives of foster children by supporting FPAWS with a $9 recurring monthly investment at https://fpaws.ejoinme.org/invest
Contact FPAWS at www.fpaws.org or 800-391-CARE (2273) FPAWS is a 501 (C ) (3) EIN 23-7300163 WA State SOS Charity Reg.# 1692